Reading the title I thought it would be running things in a disposable VM… alas, it doesn't look like this is it.
Similar for Windows is https://github.com/sudachen/Molebox
- C/C++ has linker to link all to one binary
- CLI/webserver only https://github.com/jart/cosmopolitan like https://redbean.dev . Same exe works on many x64 OS like Windows/macOS/Linux/BSD, it embeds .zip file and can read/write to embedded .zip on the fly.
- AppImage https://appimage.org
- Python Pop https://gitlab.com/saltstack/pop/pop
- Go has some code also to embed all to one binary, some is part of Buffalo web framework https://gobuffalo.io/en
-Godot Game engine https://godotengine.org can embed all to one executeable binary
Is there anything else similar, that embeds all to one executeable binary?